The name ThistleDew came from my parents.
They owned a boat when I was young and that is the name they gave it.
"Thistle" (sounds like) This will....and "Dew" (sounds like) Do. Hence...This will do!!


Sunday, March 28, 2010

Part 3....some past and recent work..... :)


I made my two oldest Grandson's Braden and Carter each a necklace...

Braden's is on the left and Carter's on the right...Carter being 4 years old at the time thought the magnet clasp was so cool....he and his mom went to the grocery shortly after getting the necklace...he proceeded to play with the necklace latching it on to the cart....you guessed it!...poor Carter lost his new necklace no sooner than he got it... :(

*had to share this photo of our pond with the boy's necklace's in front on a stone...
I dug the pond with a shovel....by hand....topping off at 900 gallons...that was back in the days before I got "oldtimers"... :)

On to another Polymer Clay Adventure!!
Our Annual 2009 Key Mammoth Cave Retreat
We had a wonderful time of it....just sharing....

The "lightbulb pigster" was made by our own "Leslie Blackford" along with our name tags!
The rocks are my work....I really enjoyed learning how to make them...
The Pigster "I call him"....I won during our grab bag game!

I made this purple cane along with the pillow beads..

my colorful canes...

I recently caught up with with a cousin of mine on facebook that I hadn't seen since I was around 16 years old...Teresa "Art of Grace" is an artist working in glass and mixed media... I won a collection of beads made by her off ebay.... I made the bracelet below with one of the beads...it's the focal bead...and please excuse the poor photography skills by me....



and here's a sneak peak at some Lady bugs for my oldest Granddaughter Avory Grace...she asked for lady bugs and lady bugs she gets..... :)


and last but not least....Spring Cleaning of the pond....
these are our two beautiful Butterfly Koi...

OK....now I feel much better after getting all caught up with everyone....
Gotta run now.....off to do real life stuff...
Catcha later!
Blessings :)


No comments: