The name ThistleDew came from my parents.
They owned a boat when I was young and that is the name they gave it.
"Thistle" (sounds like) This will....and "Dew" (sounds like) Do. Hence...This will do!!


Sunday, March 28, 2010

Part 2.....Polymer Clay Adventures.... :)


In Feb. 2009 I attended a weekend workshop in Louisville, KY with none other than Lindly Haunani.
"Combining Colors with Confidence"

Lindly getting set up...

First blends we made....*look at Ron Lehocky's beautiful blend in front!...and directly behind his is mine....See the one with the gob of green in the middle? Yes, folks that is mine that I messed up!...didn't get my colors in the right order...story of my life!... It all works out in the end as Lindly showed me how to make it more pleasing to the eyes... :)
Lindly is an awesome teacher if you ever get the chance to take a class....jump on it!

The second blends we made....

Look at the beautiful work from a fellow pc-er Bobbi...
She worked in metallics... and don't you just love the "Bargello?"

Some of the pieces I made during the weekend workshop....

In April of 2009 I attended a class given by Christi Friesen
She, so like Christi hosted a three day benefit "for Ada" she is the daughter of fellow Polymer Clay Artist Ponsawan Silapiruti...
I was so honored to finally meet Ponsawan....she and I had corresponded through snail mail early on in my Polymer Clay days....I so loved and admired her style...I had a question about the thread she uses in her work and Ponswan so kindly mailed me some of her thread and also a hand written tutorial on how she assembles her work..I was so touched....

Myself, Christi, and Ponsawan


a sampling of Christi's work....

My finished piece....



No comments: