The name ThistleDew came from my parents.
They owned a boat when I was young and that is the name they gave it.
"Thistle" (sounds like) This will....and "Dew" (sounds like) Do. Hence...This will do!!


Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Can We Catch Up?

Good Golly Miss Molly....where do ya start?...We will just say sometimes Life just happens and ya gotta do what ya gotta do from time to time...*and you are thinking what the Hell is she talking about? :) Life you know? I will start with where I left off a couple of months ago...with the contest...I didn't win...but I guess in the end I did win because I have a pretty much good to go Studio now! YEAH!... just more work on the organization part... Here is a picture of my work space all cleaned up.


and check out how this desk drawer worked out for my Premo!...I got this desk from a grade school that closed for only $10.00 and it even came with a "rat fink" in one of the drawers!

Now on to Key Mammoth Cave Retreat with Marla Frankenburg and Kim Cavender last October....* mental note:I have got to find more time to Blog! I had the best time with this group of talented people...Marla rocks!...If you ever get a chance to take a class of hers....do it!

Marla and Me!


an example of some of the different canes we learned how to make...

the flowers I made and the leaf and fern are Marla's work... *not bad for a novice like me!

When I met these two ladies and sat down at their workspace....It felt like I was at home...it's such a warm fuzzy when a friendship results in only 3 short days...They are Ellen Prophater (on the right) and Sue Sutherland (on the left) of Studio Shoebox...They do such beautiful work...I hope to make the trip to their home in the future to build on that friendship thing!! :)



We had a grab bag game where everyone made something from polymer clay....it was so much fun...what really set it all off is when it came to Kim Cavender's turn to pick a bag...and who's did she get...mine....I proceeded to tell her... "Kim put it back"..you don't want that one...believe me Kim...pick another...well she opened it and it was a necklace I made from her tutorial in Polymer Cafe June 2008 issue....when she opened it I said... "I told you so!!"...needless to say it was a good thing I had on my Depends!!...we all had a good laugh!!... *just kiddin on the Depends thingie!... hope I just made you laugh too!...


Susan Detwiler ended up with my necklace..and she was tickled to death as well as I when I saw how happy she was to get it!...

When it was my turn in the grab bag game I got a pair of earrings that Ellen and Sue had made!..Man oh man I was on cloud 9!!....here they are with a larger piece they gave me to make a necklace out of...awesome work...organic....stunning.... :)



Here is Leslie Blackford sporting her pair of earrings:


I played around the past couple of days in my clay...it's so hard this time of year to find the time to create....any who...I made this ornament for my newest Granddaughter Kiley...I covered a large Christmas bulb with a Skinner Blend....used some gold and silver Premo! mixed for the base of the bulb and notice the detail at the top where it will be hung...anal me...attention to detail....now I only have 4 more ornaments to make for the remainder of the Grand-Kids!


and last but not least my baby boy Sheldon turned 3 years old on the 15th....

Happy Birthday Sheldon! :)



I hope You and Yours have a Wonderful Holiday Season.... Be Safe....and God Bless You Everyone!....



THE END


No comments: