The name ThistleDew came from my parents.
They owned a boat when I was young and that is the name they gave it.
"Thistle" (sounds like) This will....and "Dew" (sounds like) Do. Hence...This will do!!


Thursday, September 12, 2013


So many Blessings have come my way in the past week or so. A piece of my work was included in an Etsy Treasury on Sept.7!

Vintage Scroll Heart

I am so new to Etsy I am not sure how they work, I just know it's a "Good Thing" if your work is included in one. I noticed I had more traffic coming to my shop as well.

Then again on the 10th another piece of my work was in a second Treasury! You can pinch me now to see if I am dreaming.

Round Keepsake Box

Shortly after the second Treasury I had my first sale! Nothing huge, but a sale just the same. So I am pumped up. Our Annual Key~Mammoth Cave Polymer Retreat is just around the corner Oct. 24-27th and it is always my favorite time of year. I keep in touch with many of our groups members through Facebook and email. Every once in a while my cell phone will ring and my dear friend and fellow Artist Debbie Jackson will be on the other end. Debi was a guest artist 3 years ago at our Annual Retreat and we instantly connected.  It just amazes me how God brings people into your lives and I am truly Blessed to have the friendship I do with this beautiful woman! Check her work out folks!

I am busy in my Studio (de-cluttering) I listed 2 items on Facebook (our local town's yard sale group) and sold both within 15 minutes. I better just keep on keeping on with getting things I don't use, nor need out of the way. Once I get things in order I will be back at my work table probably making something with the Pardo Translucent Art Clay.
Blessings~Melanie:)



No comments: