The name ThistleDew came from my parents.
They owned a boat when I was young and that is the name they gave it.
"Thistle" (sounds like) This will....and "Dew" (sounds like) Do. Hence...This will do!!


Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Wonderful Surprise

Today has been the most beautiful of days here at ThistleDew....I got out my seed starter trays and planted some seeds that include some of my favorites like Nasturtium, Four O'Clocks, Poppy, Cleome, Dahlia, and Foxglove...after planting the seed I thought I would get the Sunday Newspaper and head out to the front porch swing and enjoy the fabulous day.... :)
And this caught my eye:

A Mother Robin has built a nest on top of my wreath....oh how sweet is that?

Here is a closeup of her hunkered down on her eggs.... precious.... :)
and I will leave you with one of my favorite poems..

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,
One is nearer God's heart in a garden,
than anywhere else on Earth....
Blessings...

No comments: